Enjoying Your Coffee
Enjoying a good cup of coffee is one of life’s simple pleasures. Whether you drink coffee to pick yourself up or calm yourself down, the experience is a worthwhile affordable indulgence. Below are steps you can take to ensure a great tasting cup of coffee.
For Traditional Coffee Brewing
- Start with freshly roasted Good As Gold Coffee.
- Grind your coffee as close to brewing as possible. You should store the unused beans in the freezer if you must keep it for an extended period of time. Make sure that you thaw to room temperature before grinding. Ground coffee is best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Always use fresh, clean cold water. Since coffee is 98% water, make sure it is good. If you want "better than bottled" quality of water, check out our Everpure sub-micron drinking water systems.
- Match the grind of coffee to your brewing method. For example; coarse grind for a Percolator, medium or "drip" grind for Drip coffeemakers, fine grind for Espresso, and extra fine grind for the Turkish Ibrik method.
- Carefully measure the ground coffee. You may have to experiment with this amount depending upon your personal preference.
- Make sure that your coffee brewer is clean. Never leave the coffee on the burner for extended periods of time. To preserve the coffee's aroma and flavor, brew into a thermal carafe or transfer your coffee into one. Check out our Residential Shopping section for a variety of brewing options.
- Always empty the expended grounds immediately after brewing. You should also rinse the brew basket with water. This will help prevent unwanted bitter tastes infiltrating your brew.
- Serve your coffee immediately. Otherwise, keep in an insulated thermal container.
- Never reheat coffee; even a microwave can destroy coffee's unique taste characteristics. Never re-pour brewed coffee through spent grounds.
- Keep your coffee brewer clean so undesirable oils do not build up and affect the taste of your coffee. Periodically de-lime the coffee brewer with a recommended de-liming solution or have your machine serviced by a qualified technician.
For Single-cup Brewing
- Purchase your coffee by Good As Gold Coffee. This insures that you are receiving the freshest coffees available.
- Always use fresh clean water.
- Remove the expended coffee pod immediately after brewing.
- Periodically brew without a pod to flush out any coffee oils or residues. This does not apply for Flavia brewers because they brew without any cross contamination.
- Follow the coffeemaker’s cleaning instructions.