Water Is Essential For Good Health!
Water is vital for our health and wellbeing. If we understand the benefits of water, we would be able to take a proactive approach to good living and avoid experiencing many potential health-related issues.
You don’t have to reside in a warm climate, do strenuous exercise, or be at a high elevation to experience water loss from your body. We all do, just by living and functioning. The problem comes when our water intake is less than our water output. This is when dehydration occurs. The reasons why we all should drink more water and other fluids, like coffee (except alcohol) everyday are;
- Drinking water helps us to maintain the balance of our bodily fluids. Our body is made up of 60% water and the bodily functions it affects are circulation, digestion, absorption, creation of saliva, transport of nutrients and the maintenance of body temperature.
- Water helps to energize our muscles. Drinking water before, during and after physical activity helps to prevent muscle fatigue and cramping. Muscle cells need to maintain the right balance of fluids and electrolytes to function properly.
- Water is good for your skin. If you let yourself get dehydrated, your skin can look dry and wrinkled. When properly hydrated, your skin functions as a protective barrier. You can lock the moisture in your skin by using a moisturizer. It will feel better also.
- You can lose weight by drinking water instead of soda and other high caloric beverages. Water and water-rich foods are appetite suppressants.
- Water helps your kidneys to function properly. Your body fluids move waste products in and out of cells. When you get enough fluids, your kidneys cleanse and rid your body of toxins which puts you at less of a risk for kidney stones.
- Water helps in digestion and constipation. Water aids in digestion by keeping things flowing along your gastrointestinal track. Drinking water in conjunction with eating fiber helps your bowel functioning properly and helps prevent constipation.
- Coffee is a productivity stimulator. Coffee is composed of 98% water.